Anybody still have resolutions goin’ on?
I haven’t always been perfect on mine. I’ve been wanting to run the New York marathon for about, ehh, four years now? I can’t even tell you exactly when the desire struck me, but what I can tell you is that nobody’s cheered me through any finish line yet.
Mostly, I think my problem is just that I’m a little intimidated. First off, if I don’t get guaranteed entry, I’ll have to fundraise and make an annoyance out of myself (y’know, not that I’m not already lolz). And, y’know? I don’t travel all too much—another thing that I’m trying to change—and, leaving my small little home in dinky little Washington NJ and staying overnight in a big city I’ve only been to about, eh, three times in my twenty years alive? A little nervewracking.
And OH YEAH, let’s not forget those twenty-six point FREAKING TWO miles I’ll have to train for and run.
But who knows? Maybe this’ll be my year. Maybe I’ll declare it the “Year of Getting Over Myself.” Because I’ve got other stuff I’ve been wanting to get over/do/bring into existence:
- My second book, A Book About Your Character, will hopefully be springing into existence this year (but probably not too early, I’m thinking closer to May-July). I’m on the proof-copy stage (well, the first of two proof-copy stages). I filled out the entire book myself to make sure it’s cool enough. It basically is, but could use a few small tweaks. KEEP YA POSTED.
- Write more articles. Mainly more posts on this blog here, but also some potential freelancing.
- Edit at least one more novel—well this year, anyway. Editing is, and let’s be real about this guys, a real pain-in-the-ass, arduous process, especially if you’re a perfectionist like me. But? I wanna show you guys more of my stuff, so I gots to get ‘er done. And I’ll hopefully have another shiny new novel of craziness and fun to reveal to you in late 2018/early 2019.
- Travel more—and not just to New York. If I get my way, I’ll be going to somewhere NEW. I’ve always dreamed of going to Italy. Speaking of which…
- Learn Italian, which I’ve already started. I’ve been using this app called Duolingo which actually doesn’t suck. And no, I haven’t been paid to say that. Hell, I’m not important enough to have people pay me to say things, friendo.
- Start a business selling crafty stuff. Because I am pretty crafty. Believe it or not, I used to sell scarves and stuff I made myself. A sapling of fourteen years old, I just didn’t have the business sense or the skill to make it work. NOW I DO! And I’ll also be making soap (which I’ve also done before) and candles.
- And get out of the job I’m in now, because I need a change. Like, REALLY need a change.
You guys making any changes this year?
AND HEY YOU! Don’t forget that you can still enter my giveaway by following the link over at the lovely Aimee Ann’s blog–just follow the link at the bottom of the post. But don’t put it off; there’s only 29 hours left!